COLLEGE MENTORSHIP SEMINAR
TUITION: FREE SEMINAR
SESSION - TBA
Sessions wilL take place at:
ABELCINE NEW YORK
88 35th Street, 4th Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Questions about this free seminar?
PHONE: (718) 796-4104
In our on-going effort to support students as they prepare themselves for higher education in film and media, we will be offering a free seminar to discuss schools, employment opportunities in media, and the college application process as it relates to film school requirements.
topics of discussion will include:
Which schools might be best for you.
Discussions on film schools and how they differentiate.
The application process
The importance of building and presenting a solid portfolio.
What NOT to include in an application.
Finding the school which might be best for you.
Reviewing and discussing visual material if applicable.
* Introduction and overview of different film / media programs.
* East Coast / West Coast and places in between.
* scope of employment opportunities in the Media Industry
* differences between major programs
* Crash Course in Film Production - The Process from Script to Screen
* Filmmaking as an industry
* Main Job descriptions and the many branches within each craft
* Evolving Technology
* The College admission process and how to get started.
* Letters of recommendation
* The written essay
* Visual Presentation (If applicable)
* Graduating and Getting a job
* Q & A
To reserve a seat please RSVP by providing your information. Limited seating will be available. This seminar will be presented in partnership with AbelCine.New York